IMPORTANT GUIDELINES TO BE CONSIDERED WHEN ENQUIRING ABOUT A QUOTE OR PLACING AN ORDER FOR YOUR FAMILY CREST OR COAT OF ARMS:
- ARTWORK: Ideally we require your coat of arms, crest or logo in “vectored artwork”, ie: as a PDF or in programs such as Illustrator or Corel. If not, we will need to send your version to our studio and quote to redraw in one of these programs – each image will differ in detail, and therefore we can only present a firm price once we have seen your image.
- COMBINATION: You will need to decide on which combination or material to choose from, for example: framed or not, cut out or with an oval background, wood or metal, painted or not, what size, and finally, to be used indoors or outdoors. Note: each combination has a code, but size does not form part of the codes description – you will need to take a guess as to what size is preferable. In addition, you may propose any other combination not mentioned.
- DELIVERY: All items (family crest and coat of arms) are made in Cape Town, South Africa. Please specify whether you will organise your own courier, that we should organise it, or that you will organise to collect the goods in Cape Town yourself.
- PROCESS: All items (family crest and coat of arms) are routed with a computer controlled router. Each item can take between 4-10 hours of cutting time, depending on the complexity of the image and whether they are cut from wood or metal.
- FINISHING: All items are sealed with clear lacquer with the exception of the painted metal version. The metal version follows this process: sand blasting to prepare for painting, etch primer, colours in Duco Automative paint colours, final touch ups by hand, finishing coat with clear lacquer.
- PRICE GUIDE: Pricing varies considerably, depending on material, finish, size and framing. As of Feb 2015, complete wooden COA’s are generally around R 4500 – R 5000 without the frame, for size 430mm high x 340mm wide. Metal COA’s, which is the shield and scroll area only, are generally around R 5000 – R 6000 without a frame for size 430mm high x 340mm wide. If more than one unit is ordered, discounts will apply.
DISCLAIMER: The onus is on the client to furnish artwork or descriptions of their particular coat of arms, crest or logo as accurately as possible and that they are in fact the holder of such artwork or bearer of that particular arms, crest or logo. As a supplier of reproductions of these items, our company does not give any undertaking to the authenticity or accuracy of the artwork supplied.
NOTE: Standard terms and conditions apply – available on request.